Comp dates Feb. 5th-7th
Screening Feb. 23rd, 2021
Do you have what it take to create a cinematic masterpiece in 48 hours? For the past 10 years Film Gainesville has hosted
this premier event. Competitors have 48 hours to shoot, edit, score and post a 3 to 5 minute short film based on a blind
topic, line of dialogue and prop.
Films will be screened at Santa Fe College's newly renovated 236 seat, state of the art Fine Arts Theater. If social distancing restrictions are still in place we will livestream the event.
2020 Topic or Genre: “80s Sitcom”
Line of Dialogue: “I didn’t know how long we’d have together. Who does?” - Rick Deckard "Bladerunner"
• Filmmakers will have 48 hours to create a 3 to 5 minute film.
• Teams of up to 5 people will compete to create the best film in the following categories: Student, General/Pro and Best in Show
• On Feb 7th, 2020 at the kick off event, teams will be given a topic, line of dialog and a prop that must be used in the film. Teams will be judged on the creative use of random elements. Kick off event will be at SANTA FE COLLEGE’S newly renovated E Building auditorium space.
Register either online at http://www.filmgainesville.com or at the kick-off event. Registration will close at 7:15PM on Feb 7th at 7:15
$35.00 Early online registration
$40.00 Week of the competition and On-site
• Feb 5th, 2021 - Kickoff Event Santa Fe College E Building Auditorium - 6:30pm Registration / 7pm topic reveal.
• Feb 7th, 2021 - Turn in - This year we will be doing an online turn in via Google Drive. Teams will be sent a Google Drive Link. Upload must start by 7pm and the link will expire at 7.30pm. All files must be uploaded by then
Official 48 Hour Time Period
Start: Feb 5th, 2021 -- 7pm
End: Feb 7th 2021 -- 7pm
Screening: Feb 23rd, 2021 SFC - 7:00PM
Top 20 teams will be shown at the awards presentation. If Social Distancing protocols are in place at the time of the screening, Film Gainesville will livestream the event.
• Click here for all the Rules
20 Possible Topics - 2021:
Registration will open the first week of January 2021 at the discounted rate of $35.00
In 2012 Marc Shahboz started the Gainesville 48 Hour Film Competition to give both locals and students an outlet for film production and screening. The festival has screened over 150 local films and give hundereds of competitors a fun and exciting cinematic experience. The festival has given away thousands of dollars and cash and prizes as well as provided scholarship money for students in the Santa Fe College Digital Media program.
Past Celebrity Judges: